For 4-6 servings:
- 8 oz uncooked fusilli (or farfalle, or shells – really, whatever pasta you’ve got)
- 1 6-oz can Boat Seafoods Albacore Tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used Beringer chardonnay)
- 1 pinch oregano
- Olive oil
- Baby spinach
NOTE: Boat Seafoods Canned Albacore Tuna is only available for purchase online — to order CLICK HERE
How to make Fusilli with Albacore Tuna
Apologies – I sort of threw this together and so exact measurements are estimates after the fact!!
This recipe is healthy and easy – and you can add whatever vegetables you’d like to the sauce. Additionally, you can replace the canned tomatoes with fresh – just add a little bit of cooking time to make sure the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Boil water and cook the pasta until it is on the firm side of al dente – you’re going to return the pasta to the heat, so you don’t want to cook it through. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat several tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, Boat Seafoods Albacore Tuna and tomatoes and reduce the heat to medium-low. Toss all items to coat in the garlic-oil mixture.
- Gently pour in the white wine, making sure to scrape up any bits that have stuck to the skillet, and return the heat to medium-high. Stirring frequently, let the sauce reduce by about half (this should take around 5 minutes), then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add a pinch of oregano and plenty of ground black pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Immediately before serving, fold in a few handfuls of baby spinach so that they just begin to wilt.
- Serve immediately!
Bon appetit! 🙂