- 1 can peas (drained)
- 1 can Boat Seafoods Albacore Tuna
- 1 medium onion
- glug of balsamic vinegar
- splash of soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- thinly chopped parsley leaves
Yields 1 generous or 2 modest servings.
NOTE: Boat Seafoods Canned Albacore Tuna is only available for purchase online — to order CLICK HERE
How to make Quick Albacore Tuna on Peas Snack
You must promise you’ll try this one! It’s too simple and too quick to skip. All it takes to make this snack is the time for onion to cook.
Chop the onion and fry it in skillet until transparent (use very little oil) stirring occasionally. Some browning is good. Sprinkle with vinegar and soy sauce (about 1 tbsp of each, feel free). Ground some pepper and leave on medium-low for a bit to evaporate most of liquid. Squeeze some lemon juice right before serving.
Meanwhile pour handful of peas into soup bowl or plate, then place some tuna chunks (split them a bit with fork). Voila! You’re done, now just add hot onion over tuna and top with parsley. Enjoy!
Finishing notes (read while you eat):
- works well with any kind of tuna, but medium-sized chunks seem to work best.
- use infused oil if you can, it gives nice aroma.
- better yet, use oil that’s left from sun-dried tomatoes, it’s even more aroma!
- sprinkle freshly ground pepper right when serving to add extra bite.
- I’ve never tried this with fresh or frozen peas, don’t think it would work.
- want more acidity? Squeeze more lemon or use more vinegar.
- adding some other spice is ok, I often use oregano on this one.